In this webinar “Guidelines for Performing a Comprehensive Transesophageal Echocardiographic Examination in Children and All Patients with Congenital Heart Disease: Recommendations from the American Society of Echocardiography”, Dr. Michael Puchalski will discuss the use of TEE, and recommendations for standardized TEE views and techniques that can be used in the assessment of children or any patient with congenital heart disease (CHD).
- Determine indications for TEE in children and in patients with congenital heart disease
- Recognize standard TEE views and techniques necessary to the evaluation of patients with congenital heart disease
- Apply TEE to specific congenital malformations both before and after surgery
- Characterize the role of TEE in the OR and during percutaneous interventions
- Define absolute and relative contraindications to TEE, including special anesthetic risks, both in general and in specific congenital anomalies